
The shipping was perfect and the bike arrived as advertised. The assembly was very easy and required few tools. The finished product looked great. That was the end of my "good" experience. I took the bike out on my 1st ride and there was a noticeable popping and grinding sound coming from the rear wheel. I later learned from reviews of similar "Schwinns" that the rear hubs can indeed be problematic. The second day I got ready to ride and my rear tire was flat. After removing the tire, I discovered a rough ridge inside the rear wheel that had punctured the inner tube. I smoothed out the ridge and replaced the tube. I tried to ride on the third day and the rear wheel comletely locked up. After dragging the bike 4 blocks back to my home I discovered that the rear sprocket was bent. I would strongly advise you not to consider it as a purchase. There are Schwinns and then there are "wannabe Schwinns". This bike falls into the later catagory.
Product Description
The Schwinn 26-Inch men's sanctuary bicycle features. Steel cruiser frame offers a comfortable riding position. Schwinn cruiser handlebar with alloy stem for upright position. Rear coaster brake for intuitive stopping. Alloy rims for easy rolling. Schwinn quality wide padded cruiser saddle softens ride. Classic Schwinn rear rack for convenience. Fenders for convenient riding in all weather.

Features
- Single-speed men's cruiser bike with classic steel cruiser frame
- Schwinn cruiser handlebars; coaster brake
- 26-inch wheels with alloy rims; front and rear fenders
- Classic Schwinn rear rack and fenders
- Schwinn quality wide padded saddle
No comments:
Post a Comment